For $1,500, a Nicholas House partner can sponsor a room at our shelter for one year, helping homeless families move forward on their journey toward self-sufficiency! A family’s stay at the shelter is typically between three to six months, but some stay for as long as a year. A family’s size can range from two, with a single parent and a child, up to a family as large as ten. Your sponsorship will help make an indelible impact during their time of transition, assuring that they receive the full benefits of Nicholas House’s comprehensive programs.
Your sponsorship helps Nicholas House provide families with:
- Individualized case management for both adults and children
- Bedding, toiletries, school supplies, uniforms and other essential items
- Classes for parents covering topics such as finances, parenting, and career development
- Youth programs including a free eight week summer camp, tutoring and an after-school program
- A warm, safe and nurturing environment covering basic needs allowing parents to focus on improving life and career skills and gaining employment
- Aftercare for up to 2 years after they graduate from Nicholas House programs
- Recognition of you or your company on Nicholas House’s website
- Recognition in the Nicholas House e-newsletter and/or Facebook
- A plaque at the entrance to your adopted room with your name and a short one-sentence narrative stating why supporting Nicholas House is important to you (optional)
- Knowledge that you are helping homeless families thrive and have a second chance
Please contact our Annual Fund Manager, Norma V. Nyhoff, at [email protected] if you would like to adopt a room or hear about upcoming room sponsorship opportunities.
For those looking for more opportunities to help our families create bright futures, we also have opportunities to sponsor the shared spaces in our shelter home for one year!
Sponsors for these spaces will receive a plaque with their name in their room for all Nicholas House families and visitors to see, as well as recognition on our website and in our e-Newsletter and/or Facebook.
Available shared spaces to adopt include:
- Lobby: $1,500 – Where all families and guests enter and are welcomed to Nicholas House.
- Dining Room & Kitchen: $2,500 – A dining and meal preparation space where 50 homeless parents and children eat every day.
- Living Room: $2,500 – A shared living area in which Nicholas House families relax and enjoy fellowship.
- Adult Education Room: $2,000 – A space in which Nicholas House parents attend life skills classes.
- Computer Lab: $1,500 – Where families have access to computers to help apply for jobs, study, research and get back on their feet.
- After-School Program Room: $3,500 – Where the children of Nicholas House play, study, and are nurtured every day after school.
To learn more about Adopt-a-Room sponsorship at Nicholas House or to sign up as a sponsor, please fill out the inquiry form by clicking the link below or contact Norma V. Nyhoff, our Annual Fund Manager, at [email protected]
Our Current Room Sponsorships:
Grant Park Neighborhood Association (GPNA.ORG)
Barbara and Herman Lorenz
Samimah, Naim and Ayanna Aziz
George and Laurie Menden
The Kaufman Family
Jeremy and Sunira
Mila and Jude Shah (Computer Lab)
Kameryn White and the Being Brown is Magical Campaign
YPO Atlanta Chapter
Friendship Baptist Church (The Adult Fellowship)